My brother’s wedding is only one month away. We’re all excited and happy for him. As part of our preparation me and my sisters are really serious in dieting. We are the secondary sponsors so we’re all be wearing long dress on the occasion. My mother is allergic to hair dye so she’s thinking of wearing wig to hide her gray hairs. I told her to check out tony of beverly wigs, they have wide varieties of wigs to choose from. My husband on the other hand is also looking for ways to get rid of dark spots on his face especially the nose area. Well, it seems like everyone have their own concerns just to look good on the wedding day.lol
My son have cold and cough, before taking medicines i’d like to try some home remedies first. What i really hate is his stuffy nose. I told him to follow these tips to clear the nasal passages:
- Inhale steam, either from a pot of boiling water, a hot shower or that bowl of Mom’s chicken noodle soup.
- Another good source of heat, which will open up the nasal passages fairly quickly, is a heat pack. You can make your own heat pack by microwaving a damp washcloth for 30 seconds.
- Gargling with salt water is good for the throat, and rinsing with salt water is just as good for the nose. You can make your own salt water rinse, which is an alternative to the store-bough saline nasal spray, by combining a quarter-teaspoon of salt, a quarter-teaspoon of baking soda and eight ounces of water. You can either use a Neti pot or a bulb syringe to inject the water into the nose, one nostril at a time.
- Apply a menthol or eucalyptus-based salve, such as Vick’s Vapor Rub, on the skin just below the nose. Not only will your nasal passages open up, but the skin below your nose, which can get irritated from endless nose blowing, will be restored and will feel less sore.
- Sleep on two pillows instead of one. The angle will provide relief to the sinuses and you’ll breathe easier while you sleep. If sleeping on two pillows is too uncomfortable, place the extra pillow or a few rolled up towels underneath the mattress.
If we care for our body, we do our best to protect it from any harm. Just the same way if we want to prolong the life of our gadgets and musical instrument we should also know how to care and protect electronics devices. That’s what i’m telling my kids, for them to know how to be responsible with their personal things. I can’t afford to buy them another keyboard and guitar so they should really take good care of them. Also it is not enough just to be a good musician, if you want to get the best out of your instrument it has to be kept in good condition always.