Back pain is the reason for the absence of work. Hence, it requires to take medical treatment as soon as possible. It can be painful and weakening.
Back pain can be the outcome of the activity, injury, or some other medical condition. Back pain can influence people of all age groups. Older people are more vulnerable to back pain. It is due to factors like degenerative disk disease and previous occupation.
The Back Pain Symptoms (อาการปวดหลัง, which is a term in Thai) involves pain in the back of the body. Sometimes, it moves down to the legs and buttocks.
The pain subsides without treatment. But if you experience consistent Back Pain Symptoms, then you should consult the doctor:
- Pain reaching below the knees
- Pain in the legs
- Persistent pain, sitting, or resting does not help
- Weight loss
- Urinary inconsistency
- Swelling or redness on the back
- Injury to the back due to strenuous activities
- Numbness on either genitals, anus, or buttocks
- Difficulty in urination
- Less control on bowel movements
You should take immediate help if your condition does not improve with rest. Moreover, if you feel weakness, fever, or numbness in the legs, you should seek the help of the doctor immediately.
Back pain subsides when you rest or with home remedies. Some of the possible treatment of Back Pain Symptoms are:
- Home Treatments- Over-the-counter pain killers can relieve the symptoms of Back Pain. Moreover, you can apply an ice pack or hot compress to the pain area. Take a rest as it will ease out the symptoms. While moving around will prevent muscle from weakening and also reduce pain and stiffness.
- Medical Treatment- If the pain does not subside with home remedies, you can take the help of a doctor. The doctor may prescribe some medications or ask for physical therapy. If the other options don’t work, your doctor may ask you to take cortisone injections. Weights and pulleys also stretch the back and ease out the pain. Furthermore, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) helps relieve chronic back pain.
- Therapies- The therapies that may help reduce back pain include acupuncture, osteopathy, shiatsu, and chiropractic therapies. However, yoga can also relieve the symptoms of any kind of back pain. One of the most popular therapies to treat back pain is Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS).
- Surgery- If the back pain is due to herniated disk, surgery may seem to be the best option.